COVID - 19 Updates
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our daily routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: Our commitment to your safety.We have been working hard to ensure that when we reopen, it is done with your and our safety at the forefront of our priorities. We have always maintained the highest standards in sterilization and infection control but we are mindful of the current situation and therefore taking some added precautions. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA) and CDC. We are adding time between appointments just in case we need more time for disinfection. We will also be disinfecting universal surfaces like light switches and door handles before you arrive and after you leave.
In addition to our regular procedures, we are implementing a few additional policies outlined below to protect our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. In some cases, wemight ask you to wait in your car until your dental chair is ready to go.
- When you arrive at the office, we will record your temperature with a touchless forehead thermometer and blood oxygen level with a pulse oximeter. Anyone with a fever greater than 100.4°For pulse oxygen less than 93% will be reappointed.
- We have hand sanitizer available throughout the office. We ask that you use it right away after arriving at the office. Anyone who arrivesat the office without a mask will be given one to wear before their procedure.
- You may also notice that our waiting room is bare, and we will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and so forth since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We will be wearing a lot more protective equipment including surgical caps, face shields, KN95 masks with a disposable mask over it. We will also be wearing a disposable gown that we will be changed in between allpatients. We are grateful to our staff for their willingness to come to work to take care of our patients. Each interaction we have with patients brings risk and an added cost for PPE (Personal Protective Equipment, masks, gloves, gowns, face shields, surgical caps) as well as added cleaning and sterilization supplies inside the office. These added items are essential to allow our office to reopen and safely deliver dental care. Please note that there will be $12 fee charged to each appointment. We will bill this fee to your insurance first. If the fee is denied it will be patient’s responsibility. This fee may be temporary depending on CDC guidelines and COVID 19 protocols.
- When you sit in the dental chair, we will ask you to rinse your mouth witha pre-procedural mouth rinse. We now have air purifiers in the treatment rooms.
- When your appointment is completed, we will schedule your future appointmentwhile you are still seated, and once your appointment is complete you can leave the office immediately.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the
steps we take to keep yousafe in our practice. If your appointment has been canceled due to shelter in place, we will be in touch to reschedule once we reopen.Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back
Dr. Manpreet Sidhu